- Call for papers
- The « Documentatieblad - Bulletin de Documentation » is a quarterly publication of the Research and Documentation Department of the Federal Public Service Finance (FPS Finance), the Belgian federal Ministry of Finance.
- In its journal, FPS Finance aims at publishing articles with good informative qualities, emphasising on all aspects of public finance and economic policy, within a general macroeconomic, social and financial framework.
- The editors seek policy oriented manuscripts of high technical quality on the theory and practice of public finance. The articles can be written in Dutch, in French or in English. They will not be translated. The journal will publish full-length articles (maximum 60 pages) and shorter articles or “notes”. Comments on previously published work (with authors replies) are welcomed insofar they contribute to the clarification of a problem.
- The public, the editors of the journal want to address, are specialists of the government sector and of the private sector. The articles shall be accessible to a wide range of specialists, avoiding high-tech mathematics.
- The manuscripts may be submitted to a review by a referee. In the interest of avoiding unnecessary delays, the board of editors retains the option to decide, after a quick screen procedure, whether a submitted paper is appropriate for publication in the « Documentatieblad - Bulletin de Documentation ». “Appropriateness” may the fitting of the manuscript with the journal’s objectives, the assessment of quality or originality and other factors.
- By submitting an article to the editorial board of the “Documentatieblad – Bulletin de Documentation”, the author authorises the publication of the said article, partially or entirely, in the “Documentatieblad – Bulletin de Documentation” and on the website of the FPS Finance, without any financial contribution. The author must undertake to ensure that the article published in the “Documentatieblad – Bulletin de Documentation” has not been published elsewhere. Any entire or partial reproduction of the article published in the “Documentatieblad – Bulletin de Documentation” is prohibited without prior approval from the editorial board.
- Manuscripts have to be submitted according the “guidelines for authors”. More information with regard to this call for papers can be obtained from Jozef Kortleven, Chief editor, FPS Finance, Research and Documentation Department, North Galaxy, Avenue King Albert II nr. 33, box 73, B-1030 Brussels, tel. +32 2 576 39 60, e-mail email@example.com.
- Once an article is accepted for publication, the editors can put directly an abstract on the website www.docufin.fgov.be. Pending the printed version of the article being available, an electronic version can be put on the same website.
- Guidelines for authors
- Articles for publication must be sent to :
Koning Albert II-laan nr 33, bus 73
- By submitting an article to the editorial board of the “Documentatieblad – Bulletin de Documentation”, the author authorises the publication of the said article, partially or entirely, in the “Documentatieblad – Bulletin de Documentation” and on the website of the FPS Finance, without any financial contribution. The author must undertake to ensure that the article published in the “Documentatieblad – Bulletin de Documentation” has not been published elsewhere. Any entire or partial reproduction of the article published in the “Documentatieblad – Bulletin de Documentation” is prohibited without prior approval from the editorial board. The editorial board may appoint a referee to assess each article submitted. Contacts on this matter will proceed via the editorial secretariat.
- Texts which have been definitively accepted for publication must be presented in accordance with the guidelines issued by the editorial secretariat, and must be submitted as follows:
- The text must clearly show the author’s name and contact details so that all particulars can be published correctly;
- Articles must be submitted in a format which can be processed in MS Word;
- One printed version must be included (printed one side only);
- Figures and tables should be printed on separate sheets, with the title of the figure or table at the top and details of the article (name of author and title) on the reverse of each sheet;
- The text may be submitted by e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every article must contain a full introduction and conclusion with summary, so that the essence and relevance of the subject matter, as well as the contributions made by the authors, can be conveyed to the reader clearly, digestibly and concisely. An abstract of a maximum of 150 words written in English, should also be included. The authors shall identify their articles by significant keywords and the JEL classification code.
- Appendices are grouped together at the end of the text.
- Notes should be kept to a minimum and should be numbered consecutively. They are published at the bottom of the page.
- The list of References is compiled alphabetically and placed at the end of the text (after any notes). The conventions for References are the same as those which apply for the “European Economic Review”. References in the text should be shown as in the following examples:
- “As argued by Goldfeld and Quandt (1973)...” or “These decision tables (see Verhelst (1980))...”
- For books: Verhelst, M., 1980, De praktijk van beslissingstabellen (Kluwer, Deventer, Antwerp). [use any book title in English]
- For periodicals: Goldfeld, S. and Quandt, R.E., 1973, A Markov Model for Switching Regressions, Journal of Econometrics 1, 3-15.
- For collected works: Taylor, B., 1970, Financing Tables and the Future, in Taylor, B. ed., Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management (St. Martin’s Press, New York), 378-386.
- The editorial board reserves the right to make corrections in the article sent, without prior approval from the author, provided that they are purely factual, grammatical or editorial.
- Any article not meeting the above instructions will be returned for reworking.
- Articles for publication must be sent to :