Attention, please make an appointment to go to any of our offices.

Paper return

Paper return 2024

  • How do I complete and file my return?

    You will find the documents you need to complete and file your return in your 'brown envelope'.

    Do you complete a joint return? From now on, age is the criterion that determines the order of the columns: 

    • The oldest person completes the left column (codes 1... / 3...).
    • The youngest person completes the right column (codes 2... / 4...).

    To ensure that your return reaches us in time and is processed correctly:

    • Send it to the address provided (don’t just hand it in at a desk).
    • Make sure the envelope has the right stamps on it.
    • Only use the return which has been sent to you (not a photocopy, someone else’s return or a previous year’s return).
  • When do I have to file my return by?

    Your paper return has to reach us by 30 June 2024.
  • I haven’t received my return yet. What can I do?

    Tax return forms and proposals for a simplified tax return are sent in May.

    You do not want to wait? Your tax return form or your proposal for a simplified tax return is already available online via MyMinfin (Tax-on-web)

    You haven’t received anything at the start of June? Please call your taxation office ("centre Particuliers"/Individuals). Get your identity card ready before calling.

  • Where can I find the explanatory leaflet and Part 2 of the preparatory document?

    You can download them from this page.
  • Is there an easier way to file the return?

    Even if you receive a paper return, your online return can be accessed at any time via MyMinfin (Tax-on-web). You can file your return simply and quickly thanks to the data that has already been filled in and the online help.

  • Can I receive the return form (and other documents related to it) in another language?

    You can consult the documents related to the return form in French, Dutch and German on this site.

    You live in Brussels or in a “commune à facilités”/"faciliteitengemeente" (a municipality whose inhabitants have the right to use a national language other than that of the linguistic region in which they reside in their contacts with the municipal administration)

    According to the municipality in which you reside, you can receive the documents:

    • Either in French or in Dutch
    • Either in French or in German

    You wish to change the language for the documents you receive? Call us at: 02 572 57 57 (direct code: 17002). Before calling us, get your identity card ready. We will need your national register number which is mentioned on the card.

    The change may take several weeks. In the meantime, you may still receive documents in the other language (including your return form or proposal for a simplified return).

    On the other hand, we cannot resend documents you have already received drawn up in another language.

    You do not live in Brussels or in a “commune à facilités”/"faciliteitengemeente"

    Unfortunately, we are not able to send you these documents in another language. The language in which you receive your documents depends on the language of your municipality of residence.

    You have moved house this year

    We take into account your situation on January 1st of this year.