Your tax assessment notice will be sent to you between beginning of February and June 30th 2018.
- I am a non-resident and I have an income in Belgium. What to do in order to receive a tax return?
You should inform the competent tax collector’s office. You should use this form to do so.
After registration, you will automatically receive a tax return every year. You are required to notify your tax office of any changes in your personal information (change of address, marriage, legal cohabitation, separation, divorce, death).
Before leaving Belgium, you have to inform your tax collector’s office.
- When will the tax return be sent?
The date of the sending of the tax return for the non-resident tax differs from one year to another and is unrelated to the sending of the tax return for personal income tax. It is common practice that you have not received your tax return until after the vacation period.
In 2017, you will receive your paper return by beginning of October.
- Can I fill in my return online?
This year you get access to Tax-on-Web via MyMinfin, your online tax file. After having logged in MyMinfin, you can submit your return but also consult your documents and carry out some formalities.
In 2017 you can submit your return via Tax-on-Web since September 14th.
- When should I file my tax return?
In principle you have at least one month to fill out and file your tax return. In any case, the final date of submission is mentioned on the tax return itself.
The tax return for the year 2017 (income of 2016) had to be filed
- on paper: by 9 november 2017
- via Tax-on-web: by 7 december 2017
- via your proxy holder (Tax-on-Web): by 7 december 2017
You can ask your administration for a postponement if there are circumstances, against your will, that prevent you from making your tax return in time.
- Which fields must be necessarily filled in?
To guarantee a quick processing of your return, you must necessarily do as follows:
- In field III.1, please tick one of these codes: 1001-66, 1002-65, 1006-61, 1010-57, 1014-53, 1016-51 or 1018-49.
- In fields III.6, III.7 or III.8, please tick one of these codes: 1093-71, 1094-70, 1095-69, 1073-91, 1078-86, 1079-85, 1080-84 or 1081-83.
- In field XIII (foreign income), please tick at least one of these codes: If you don’t receive any foreign income, you must tick the code 1057-10 or 2057-77.
- What are the consequences if a tax return has not been filed on time?
If the tax return is not submitted or submitted belatedly, the administration can make an ex officio assessment. In this case, the administration makes an assessment on the amount of the taxable income which it suspects on the basis of the data at its disposal. The onus of proof of the correctness of the taxable income is then in the hands of the person liable to tax.
If you do not submit a tax return, or submit your tax return belatedly, or your tax return has changed in such a way that the tax actually due is exceeding the declared income, the assessment can be validly made within three years at the latest, as from 1 January of the tax year.
Moreover, a tax increase can be applied.
- When will I receive my tax assessment notice?
In case the tax return has been filed on time, the administration has until 30 June of the year following the tax year to make the assessment. However, this period may not be less than six months as from the receipt of this tax return.
- I move out and/or my family situation has changed. Should I mention it?
We must be informed of your new address and/or your new marital status (in case of marriage, people legally living under the same roof, separation, divorce or death). You should use this form to do so.
- Why do I have to fill out box III.6 or box III.7 (categories non-residents) of the tax return?
In order to obtain the exemptions to which you are entitled, you must fill out box III.6 or box III.7 of the tax return. This data will determine your tax regime.
If you do not fill out this box, no exemptions will be granted.
- I’m mistakenly taxed in two countries. What can I do?
If you think you’re mistakenly taxed in two countries on the same income, you can submit a request for mutual agreement procedure to the State where you are a resident for tax purposes. You can send it at the following address:
Service Relations internationales, section commentaire, North Galaxy, Bd Albert II, 33 PO Box 25, 1030 Brussels - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I obtain tax facilities?
In order to obtain tax facilities, you should contact the competent tax collector’s office. The address and telephone number of this office are mentioned on your tax assessment notice.
Team Recouvrement Spécial Bruxelles
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 50 bte 3121
Tél. : 0257 540 80 - Fax: 0257 959 23
E-mail : email@example.com
Team Sankt Vith
Tél. : 0257 607 20 - Fax: 0257 976 74
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Bijzondere Invordering Gent
Gaston Crommenlaan 6 (Zuiderpoort - 2de verdieping) bte 107
Tél. : 0257 540 80 - Fax: 0257 959 23
E-mail : email@example.com
More information in « Payer » ( in French, no English available)
- How can I find the competent tax collector’s office for my tax return as a non-resident?
(Brussels Foreign Countries)
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 50 boîte 3424
Tél. : 0257 684 50
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- (as a wage earner who does not reside in Belgium) the location of the statutory seat of the employer, or
- (as a wage earner who usually lives with his family in Belgium) your place of residence, or
- (as self-employed) your location of permanent establishment
is located in Amel, Büllingen, Burg-Reuland, Bütchenbach, Eupen, Kelmis, Lontzen, Raeren or Sankt Vith :
Centre polyvalent Eupen
4780 Sankt Vith
Phone: 0257 798 10
- Tax return form and explanation
Warning: The PDF version of the return is only available in order to give you information. You cannot use it in order to fill in your return.
- Tax Declaration - 2017 ( fr (PDF, 952.87 KB), nl (PDF, 974.71 KB), de (PDF, 811.6 KB))
- Copy - Part 1 - 2017 ( fr (PDF, 2.1 MB), nl (PDF, 2.03 MB), de (PDF, 2.18 MB))
- Explanation - Part 1 - 2017 ( fr (PDF, 6.22 MB), nl (PDF, 6.09 MB), de)
- Copy - Part 2 - 2017 ( fr (PDF, 1.59 MB), nl (PDF, 1.58 MB), de (PDF, 1.62 MB))
- Explanation - Part 2 - 2017 ( fr (PDF, 2.84 MB), nl (PDF, 2.79 MB), de)